Misanthropic Meanderings

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

See the title? There you go.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Ye are the Salt of the Earth

As a young and faithful christian, I was under a lot of pressure to attend a CHRISTIAN University. My faith, you see, would've come under constant attack from seculars, driven by the devil to tear at the structures of my belief until I started swilling baby blood at lesbian potluck black sabbaths by the light of burning flags. I graduated fairly unscathed by university teachings. Life, sponsored my eventual disassociation with any fundamentalism whatsoever, christian or otherwise.
Oddly, the ethics of christianity stayed with me, despite my current fallen state. I look at some high profile graduates of christian university-Regent University, to name names- and I wonder. How can you supposedly attend a school where the principles of a religion that prizes ethics turn out such ethically challenged people? Why would someone raised on “Thou Shalt Not Steal", willingly co-operate with stealing peoples' right to vote? When does “Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness (lie)” turn off, so you can deny you ever decided to fire attorneys because they failed to be partisan enough? How do you lie to yourself enough to accept a position you aren't qualified for?
Pat Robertson created Regent University to set up an institution that would turn out men & women with advanced degrees securely founded in christian ideals & virtues. Last I checked, blind partisanship, corporatism, subverting & perverting the justice department and pure, outright lying, were not christian principles.

Perhaps we should all write CBN and query Pat? Dear Pat, why are so many Regent University grads in the DOJ with no experience? And why do they need to take the fifth so damned often?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home