Misanthropic Meanderings

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

See the title? There you go.

Friday, August 07, 2009

Shark Bait



I've decided something. I've decided I can't stand Discovery Channel's Shark Week. Sharks are dangerous. But so are you. You're more likely destroying the life of a few hundred sharks rather than 1 shark harming you. Discovery Channel just amps up the paranoia with shark attack stories and stupid slasher flick type commercials. Sharks rarely attack humans and are increasingly beset with habitat reductions and fishing kills. It's completely irresponsible for the Discovery Channel to spend it's time doing more to add the myth of predatory shark. These are some amazing, ancient animals that we still don't fully understand. Yet we're killing them off.

I just don't get it. Why does the Discover Channel take such a stupid tack on this subject? Can't they figure out something else to fill programming? If I can, they should be able to.


übercool prehistoric frilled shark

Learn more about the troubles sharks are facing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home